Saturday, July 6, 2013

Why Bloggers Should Pitch to Brands



I was over at the SITS Girls Forums answering some questions and came across one about pitching to companies. I decided to click on it and read what my fellow bloggers were saying. I was completely shocked that not very many pitches had been done amongst a dozen women.

It seems as if the main reason as to why no pitches were being sent out is the fear of rejection. So my answer to this was:

Oh my word! I feel like such a old lady right now. What are ya'll waiting for?!? Pitch away!!! Sell yourself (well not literally, you know what I mean!!!) and your brand. Who cares if you get rejected, figure out why, put on your big girl panties and move on.

If your goal is to work with brands let it empower you! I can't tell you how many hundreds of companies I've worked with and relationships I have created because I pitched a company! Granted at first it was slow, time consuming and exhausting, but, now I LOVE it and at the end of the day making money from pitching to companies!

All they really care to know is your stats and what's in it for them. If you have a personal story you can throw into the pitch, even better ;) Now ya'll just gave me my next blog article idea, thanks!

I'll have another post next week about  how to pitch to brands...in the meantime start making a list of companies that you would love to work with!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read your article on pitching to brands! I have a few in mind that I would LOVE to work with, but I'm not sure how to approach them.

    ReplyDelete